There are a wealth of things to do in and around Southwold, here are just a few of the more popular:
- Coastal Voyager at the harbour offer a range of boat trips, from their high speed "Blast" around Solebay to their gentle cruise up the River Blyth to Blythburgh and back, and the 3 hour cruise to Scroby Sands to visit the seals and see the wind farm there close up.
- Southwold Golf Club is Southwold's own 9-hole golf course. Also open to non-members and visitors to enjoy their facilties.
- The Electric Picture Palace in Southwold shows a wide range of films in a tiny (68 seat) cinema. The Electric Picture Palace is rather special and no visit to Southwold is complete without paying it a visit!
- You could also treat yourself to an aromatherapy massage, or more, at Southwold Therapies.
- Throughout the season there are races and competitions held by Southwold Model Yacht Club, the most impressive of these being the Southwold Model Yacht Regatta.
- The Cut Arts Centre in Halesworth offers a great range of music, drama and films throughout the year. Online booking.
- Valley Farm near Halesworth, offers a heated indoor swimming pool available for private hire by arrangement.
- Halesworth Golf Club offers a wide range of top class facilities and
welcomes golfers of all abilities.
- Dunwich Museum is the perfect history experience for all the family. It tells the amazing story of a city lost to the sea.
- Offering both residential and non-residential places, Cowshed Art Courses are designed for beginners or those with some experience who want to learn new skills and techniques. Courses for children are also available.
- The Blythweb Calendar is regularly
updated and has details of all kinds of events in the area.
- See also the 'Places to Go' area of our links section.
For a more detailed listing of local activities check out the Blyth Valley "Things to Do" Listings